QuickBooks Desktop has accurately designed tools & features that are known to immensely benefit small-scale business units in their essential projects. Many experts have been studying this accounting software since its inception in order to further develop new tools for users.
However, some very difficult error codes can crop up on the computer’s screen while installing the QB Desktop application & one of these error codes is ‘QuickBooks Error 1904’. Due to this error code, users get extremely irritated as they are not able to finish their essential tasks on the system.
Here’s the perfect article that shall show you the step-wise solutions for this troublesome problem.
Are you highly disturbed due to ‘QuickBooks Error 1904’? You can dial +1- 855 738 2784 to get help from our QB Professionals Team.
What Are the Relevant Causes That Can Trigger ‘1904 QB Desktop Installation Error’?
You can encounter ‘1904 QB Desktop Installation Error’ due to the reasons explained in the following points:
- Some problems within the QB Desktop installation files can easily provoke this error code on the system.
- Major faults in the ‘Windows components’ that are required for valid QB Desktop installation on the computer can also trigger this error.
- Not possessing enough security clearances for installation on the Windows operating system can also provoke this error.
What Are the Highly Useful Solutions for ‘QB Desktop 1904 Installation Error Message’?
You can tackle ‘QB Desktop 1904 Installation Error Message’ through the step-wise solutions indicated here:
Solution 1: Properly ensure the valid run of ‘QB Install Diagnostic Tool’ on your computer to rectify this technical issue
- In this step-wise solution, the first task is to just log onto the official website of Intuit, and then you can use the appropriate link to successfully download the latest edition of ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ on your computer.
- After that, the next point is to simply save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file inside any easy-to-access folder like the ‘Downloads Folder’, and then you will need to accurately execute that file so that the proper installation of ‘QB Tool Hub’ can be carried out on the computer.
- Next, move ahead to successfully double-click on the ‘QB Tool Hub’ icon shown on the Windows Desktop, and then you shall effectively obtain the ‘QB Tool Hub’ window on the system’s screen.
- Thereafter, move forward to carefully hit the ‘Installation Issues’ menu present on the ‘QB Tool Hub’ window, and then you shall run the ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’ successfully via its icon.
- Here, at this point, you can instantly restart your computer, following which you shall be able to finish the complete installation of ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ on your computer.
Recommended to read : How to fix QuickBooks Error 193
Solution 2: Fully re-configure and repair certain Windows components to tackle this installation error code on the system
Step 1: Accurately repair the ‘Microsoft .NET framework’ component on the computer
- Here, you shall obtain the ‘Control Panel’ window on the computer’s screen & then you need to strike the ‘Programs and Features’ menu, after which you should hit the ‘Uninstall a Program’ icon immediately on the screen.
- Next, easily tap on the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ option on the window, and then you will get the entire list of ‘.NET framework’ on your computer.
- After that, shift to ‘.NET framework 4.5’ on the relevant list, and then you will need to mark its checkbox if it is previously unmarked, following which you can strike the ‘OK’ button to update the settings.
- Now, simply restart the system and then move back to the ‘.NET framework 4.5’ option to make sure that it is fully operational on your system.
- Thereafter, all the remaining ‘.NET framework’ can be repaired in a similar manner on your computer & then you shall be able to successfully install the QB Desktop application via the relevant step-wise procedure.
Step 2: Correctly repair the ‘Microsoft MSXML’ component by ensuring the registration of ‘MSXML DLL’ files
- In this second step, you can simply strike the ‘Start’ menu present on the Windows Desktop & then you shall right-click on the ‘cmd’ icon (‘Command Prompt’) so that you are able to hit the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Once you access the ‘C: Prompt’ window with full admin privileges on your system’s screen, you can move forward immediately to write the ‘cd\windows\syswow64’ command inside that window.
- After that, carefully type ‘regsvr32 MSXML6.dll’ within the ‘C: Prompt’ window, and then you shall need to simply tap on the ‘Enter’ key in order to fully execute both commands successfully.
- Finally, all the relevant ‘MSXML DLL’ files will get fully registered on your system & you will be able to properly install the QB Desktop application on your computer.
Solution 3: Access the ‘Windows admin user account’ & then modify the user permissions settings to tackle this issue
- Here, you will carefully open up the ‘Start’ menu present on the Windows Desktop & then you shall right-click on the ‘cmd’ icon, after which you can move forward to hit the ‘Run as administrator’ option present on the screen.
- Now, jump to the ‘C: Prompt’ window & then type the following command: ‘net user administrator /active: yes’, and then strike the ‘Enter’ key to swiftly execute the written command.
- After that, shift back to the ‘Start’ menu in order to hit the ‘Sign Out’ button & then you can successfully utilize the ‘Administrator’ account to access the Windows operating system.
- At this point, you must go to the ‘C: drive’ to open up the ‘Program Files’ folder, and then you can right-click on the ‘Common Files’ folder’s icon in order to hit the ‘Properties’ tab.
- Thereafter, jump to the ‘Properties’ window to select the ‘Security’ tab and then strike the ‘Edit’ button, following which you can move to the ‘Permissions for users’ section.
- Next, carefully mark the ‘Read & Execute’, ‘Read’, ‘List Folder Contents’, ‘Modify’, and ‘Full Control’ boxes and then immediately hit the ‘Apply’ & ‘OK’ buttons to save the fresh settings.
- Finally, utilize the updated user permission settings to successfully install the QB Desktop application on the computer.
By fully implementing these precise solutions, you can eradicate ‘QuickBooks Error 1904’ effectively. For more technical help, dial +1- 855 738 2784 to contact our QB Specialists Team.
You may read also : I am getting QuickBooks Error H505