Dubai is a city that has it all. It’s a melting pot of cultures, religions, and lifestyles. And, as a result, it’s a great place to live – or visit for that matter. And if you’re looking for some hidden secrets about Dubai that you probably haven’t heard yet, read on! In this article, we’ll expose 10 little-known facts about Dubai Holidays that will surprise you. From famous landmarks to interesting history, read on to learn more about this fascinating city.
Dubai is a modern city with an ancient history:
Dubai is a city with an ancient history that is still very much present in the present day. Here are nine secrets about Dubai that you probably haven’t heard yet.
- The region now known as Dubai was once home to a thriving trading community.
- Dubai was founded in the early 19th century by Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, who proclaimed it the new capital of the UAE.
- The city quickly grew wealthy from its strategic location at the head of the Persian Gulf and became one of the most important business hubs in the region.
- Dubai is home to a number of world-famous landmarks, including The Burj Khalifa, which is currently the world’s tallest building.
- Dubai has been heavily involved in tourism over the years, and has developed into one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.
- The city has also become known for its luxury hotels and resorts, which offer everything from luxurious spas to top-class golf courses.
- Dubai also boasts some remarkable cultural heritage, including several striking ancient mosques and fortresses dating back to antiquity.
- Children in Dubai have access to some of the best schools in the country, and there are numerous excellent tertiary institutions available for students wishing to further their education overseas.
- In addition to its wealth and attractions, Dubai is also home to a sizeable population of expatriates who make their homes here due.
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city with a variety of cultures:
Dubai is a city of many cultures, and there are plenty of secrets about it that you probably haven’t heard yet. Here are five hidden facts about this cosmopolitan metropolis:
- Dubai was once a small fishing village.
- Dubai is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the world. There are over 270 different nationalities living in Dubai, and you can find people from all over the world here.
- The city has a long history of trade with countries all over the world, and this has helped to create a cosmopolitan culture here.
- Dubai is known for its luxury hotels and resorts, but it’s also home to some of the best restaurants in the world. You can find everything from international cuisine to local favorites here.
- The city is full of attractions that will interest everyone, from ancient sites to unique shopping experiences. Whether you’re looking for something cultural or just want to explore some new places, Dubai has something for everyone!
Dubai is a city of contrasts – ranging from luxury to shantytowns:
Dubai is a city of contrasts – ranging from luxury to shantytowns. Here are five secrets about Dubai that you probably haven’t heard yet.
- Despite its luxurious surroundings, Dubai has a large and impoverished population. About one-fifth of the population lives in slums, while the rest reside in luxury apartments.
- The city was built on the sands of the Empty Quarter, which made construction difficult and required a lot of innovative engineering techniques.
- The city is home to many Islamic architectural landmarks, such as the Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding and Al-Futtaim Center for Fine Arts, both of which were designed by Zaha Hadid Architects.
- Dubai is also well known for its shopping malls, including Emirates Palace Mall and The Mall of The Emirates.
- Dubai has been dubbed “the City of Wonders” for its varied architecture and landscape
Dubai has world-class attractions that will keep you entertained:
Dubai is known for its luxury lifestyle, skyscrapers, and impressive shopping malls. But what you may not know is that Dubai also has world-class attractions that will keep you entertained. From adrenaline-pumping action sports to beautiful nature walks, these are the top secrets about Dubai that you probably haven’t heard yet.
- The Atlantis resort is a must-see attraction in Dubai. This awe-inspiring resort occupies an entire island and includes a casino, luxury hotels, and world-class restaurants.
- Another must-see attraction in Dubai is the Burj Khalifa tower. This engineering marvel stands at 2,717 feet tall and features luxurious apartments and a revolving restaurant on its 128th floor.
- If you’re looking for something more active, consider visiting the Dubai Aquarium or skiing at the Ski Dubai ski slope. both of which offer stunning views of the city skyline from their locations.
- If you’re in the mood for some cultural enrichment, visit the Al Ain International Theatre or take a walk through traditional souks (markets). Both offer unique experiences that will leave you smiling after your visit.
Dubai is a cost-effective destination – making it ideal for tourists and business travelers:
Dubai is a cost-effective destination – making it ideal for tourists and business travelers. Here are five secrets about Dubai that you probably haven’t heard yet:
- Dubai is the most expensive city in the world to live in, but it’s also one of the cheapest.
- Dubai has more hotel rooms than any other city in the world – 365,000!
- Dubai is home to the tallest building in the world, The Burj Khalifa – which stands at 828 meters (2,717 feet) tall!
- Dubai has a huge international airport, with flights to almost every country in the world.
- Dubai is a safe place to travel – despite recent terrorist threats
Dubai is one of the most energy-efficient cities in the world:
Dubai is one of the most energy-efficient cities in the world. In fact, it gets nearly 73% of its power from renewable resources, such as solar and wind. This makes it one of the most environmentally friendly cities in the world, and it has also been credited with helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by almost 20%.
Furthermore, Dubai is constantly looking for ways to improve its efficiency. For example, it has started using LED lights in many of its public areas, and it is also working on a plan to install a large number of energy storage devices. These devices will allow Dubai to use electricity when prices are high and generate power when prices are low.
Overall, these factors make Dubai an incredibly attractive city for businesses and residents alike. Not only does it have some of the best environmental policies in the world, but its infrastructure is also well-suited for today’s technology advancements.
Dubai has an excellent quality of life:
Dubai is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, and it has a lot to offer visitors. The city is clean and well-maintained, and there are plenty of attractions to keep people busy. In addition to its excellent quality of life, Dubai also offers some unique benefits that other cities don’t have. Here are five secrets about Dubai that you probably haven’t heard yet:
- Dubai has a great public transportation system:
Dubai has an excellent public transportation system that allows residents and visitors to get around quickly and easily. There are bus, train, taxi, and rental car options available, and everything is fairly priced. The transit system is reliable and easy to use, making it a great way to get around town without having to worry about getting lost or waiting long periods of time for buses or trains.
- Dubai is home to some of the best shopping in the world:
One of the main reasons why so many people visit Dubai is its abundance of amazing shopping opportunities. There are dozens of high-end stores located in malls across the city, as well as numerous specialty shops that offer something for everyone. It’s easy to find whatever you’re looking for here, whether you’re looking for luxury brands or discounted items from local merchants.
- Dubai is a relatively safe city to live in:
While safety isn’t always guaranteed in every city – especially if you’re not familiar with the area –